Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kite-in-the-sky serendipity

When I caught sight of it, I was floating on my back in the pool. Just floating ... thoughts floating, clouds floating ... ah, a kite! Triangular, with tail trailing. Way up in the sky. Half a mile up. Was it free flying? Look how it silhouetted against the soft blue sky and cotton ball clouds. "A kite!" I shrieked, pointing to the sky. It was a discovery I just couldn't keep to myself. "Wow, that's not something you see every day," said someone sitting by the pool. "Yeah," I thought. "A little Sky Cercie. How delightful."

4 comments:

Mindy Orchard said...

Amy:
You have always had an outstanding way with words. I'm looking at something that you wrote me over 20 years ago. Even than you expressed your "Cercie" view of life and caring ability. Thank you for inlcuding me in this wonderful idea.

Amy Love said...

Thanks, Mrs. Orchard! Is it possible that was 20 years ago?

You were certainly one of the most significant creative influences on my young life, so it's without question that you are included!

Amy Overstreet said...

Any idea that springs from the mind of Amy Love is bound to be a success. With your energy, creativity, and passion, this is sure to be a success. I also think it is appropriate and fitting for your personality because out of all my friends and family, you are hands down one of the most thoughtful, creative, and inventive gift givers I've ever known. You have given me some of the neatest gifts over the years. And that is one reason that your venture will be a success. Can't wait to brainstorm and get creative with this!

Amy Love said...

Yes, Aimes, you will be a main partner in creativity on the brainstorming front. You don't get off easy. Ha.

X-Ray Cercie

This is not a new year post. OK, maybe it is. I'm trying to see through the year that just passed; not just reflect, not just proj...